- Employment of people furthest from the labour market and transition from school to work
We intend to attend the EPR Public Affairs Event 2014 “Employment of people furthest from the labour market and transition from school to work” on 3 December 2014 (14:30 to 16:30).
This event will take place at:
Martin’s Hotel in Brussels
Boulevard Charlemagne 80
Next to the European Commission, metro stop Schuman
- Sabina Lobato and Virginia Carcedo, Fundación ONCE
- Irena Kowalczyk-Kedziora, Council of Europe
- Fred McFarlane, San Diego State University
- Luk Zelderloo, EASPD and Social Services Europe
- Marijke Boone, GTB
The EPR public affairs event will explore the European strategies and best practices for promoting the employment of persons who are further from the labour market, with perspectives from European policy and research experts.
While persons with disabilities represent one-sixth of the EU’s overall working-age population, they are almost twice as likely to be inactive as non-disabled people.* People who are tackling poverty, homelessness or drug addiction as well as prison-leavers also have barriers upon entering (and staying in) the labour market.
This public affairs event will also present the result of a study on transition from school to work, and introduce a few practices identified in the course of that study. The objective of this study was to produce a thematic reference documents with comparable data and reliable facts and figures from the field, as well as recommendations for policy makers and service-providers. This 6 month study was conducted by EPR staff and experts with financial support from the PROGRESS Programme.
* Source: European Commission DG Employment and Social Affairs
This event is open to all interested stakeholders and the programme will be available later in the coming weeks on our website.
This event is supported by the European Union Programme for Employment and Social Solidarity – PROGRESS (2007-2013).
This programme is managed by the Directorate-General for Employment, social affairs and equal opportunities of the European Commission. It was established to financially support the implementation of the objectives of the EU in the fields of employment, social affairs and equal opportunities and thereby contribute to the achievement of the Europe 2020 strategic objectives.
- DigiPlace4all at eChallenges 2014
DigiPlace4all will be presented at eChallenges 2014 on October 30th 2014.
Download the paper (pdf) or read it below.
- DICE at NDA Annual Conference
DICE poster submission has been selected for the poster session in the NDA Annual Conference 2014 – Employing people with disabilities on Wednesday 29 October 2014.
When: Wednesday 29 October 2014, 9.30 – 15.30
Where: Croke Park Conference Centre, Hogan Mezzanine Suite, Jones Road
The National Disability Authority’s Annual Conference 2014 takes employment as its theme, with a particular focus on showcasing strategies and approaches that are successful in employing people with disabilities. The conference will be of interest to employers, to policy makers, to disability service providers, and to individuals with disabilities and their families.
- DICE is to attend following events in months to come
- Summer 2014, NCBI collaborative event “Stepping up, moving on”, Stepping up, moving on TBA
- 16 September 2014, Presentation at Annual International Conference of Deaf-blind association, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- 19 September 2014, Presentation, “International conference on Supported Employment“, Izmir, Turkey
- October/November 2014, presentation, personal contact, Fully abled Student Conference, Cracow (Poland)
- September 2014, presentation, personal cotact, The national meeting of students with disabilities, Cracow (Poland)
- September/October 2014, presentation, personal contact, Local Government of Equal Chances, Poland
- 16-17 October 2014, F2F, email, presentation, booth, ITAG 2014 (Interactive Technologies and Games Conference – Education, Health and Disability), Nottingham, UK
- December 2014-2015, F2F, email, booth, EDPWD policy event, Brussels, Belgium
- 3-5 June 2015, Interdisciplinary Symposium “Social Competence, Creativity and Wellbeing”, Plovdiv, Bulgaria: part of presentation
- Plovdiv project meeting
The entire project team has a fruitful meeting ongoing (9-10-11 September 2014) in Plovdiv, Bulgaria, cultural city of 2019, organised by Interprojects.
Focus is on community building for DigiPlace4All, and further deployment of the platform.